In today’s world, a website for your cannabis business is practically a must. It works for you around the clock to make your brand visible to your target market. It attracts potential customers’ attention, provides valuable information, and encourages them to choose you over your competitors. However, to work, a website needs a few key elements.
In this article, we took a closer look at some of the top cannabis sites out there. Here’s what you need to know about what makes a great website.
1. Prioritize the User Experience
You want visitors who land on your website to stick around and check it out. One of the best ways to do that is to make it easy for them to find information. Creating a great user experience (UX) involves a variety of factors, including:
- A clean, clutter-free design
- Thoughtful use of white space
- Consistency between web pages (fonts, colors, design elements, etc.)
- A navigation menu that’s easy to find and use
- Fast page loading speeds
- Attractive and easy-to-find calls to action (CTAs)
2. Ensure Mobile-Friendliness
A mobile-friendly cannabis website is a must. Some ways to achieve this include:
- A responsive design
- Fast loading speeds
- Fonts (and buttons) large enough for easy reading on smaller screens
- Avoiding Flash
- Regular testing with tools like Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test
3. Consider Visual Appeal
When it comes to design, keep things simple and professional. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Use white space.
- Keep paragraphs short, incorporate headings and subheadings, and use bullet points.
- Choose design elements like colors, fonts, and imagery that reflect your brand and are visually appealing. While you can use multiple colors/fonts, avoid going overboard with them. They should be consistent across all of your site’s pages.
4. Incorporate SEO Strategies
Search engine optimization (SEO) helps boost your website’s visibility on search engine result pages. The top spots are the ones most likely to receive clicks.
To increase your ranking, incorporate strategies like:
- Placing keywords (and long-tail keywords) naturally throughout your page content
- Building quality backlinks
- Adding internal links
- Optimizing for voice searches
- Including video content
5. Include an Education Corner/Blog
From an SEO standpoint, regular blog posts allow you to add new pages to your website, keeping it fresh. They present opportunities to incorporate relevant keywords on your website too.
Blog posts also give you endless opportunities to share valuable content with your site visitors. You can share helpful tips, provide more in-depth answers to cannabis FAQs, highlight products, and share industry news. Engaging and optimized posts written in your brand’s voice can also help you build brand authority and establish trust.
6. Don’t Forget the Essentials
As a cannabis company, there are a few essential elements you’ll want to have on your website, like:
- Your contact information (and a contact form or chatbot)
- If you’re a medical or recreational dispensary
- An “About” page
- A product menu
Build a Cannabis Website That Captivates and Converts
Are you in need of a new website for your cannabis business? The experts at HIGHOPES are here to work with you to build, optimize, and maintain a high-quality, professional site that attracts and converts your target market. Check us out today for more information.